The phyla of Fungi
Phylum Zygomycota - the bread molds (Rhizopus).
- What is the function of the sporangium? What propagates the spores?
Sporangium produces haploid spores during the asexual cycle.
Spores are propagated when the sporangium ruptures.
- What is the perfect stage of the Zygomycota?
Phylum Ascomycota - sac fungi.
- What is the perfect stage of the Ascomycota?
Dikaryotic, multicellular hyphae.
Phylum Basidiomycota - club fungi.
- What is the perfect stage of the Basidiomycota:?
- What part of the life cycle does the mushroom represent? p. 190
Mushroom is the dikaryotic basidiocarp of the sexual cycle.